Four hours of Continuing Ed
In this course, we’ll explore the sensitive field of interpreting in mental health. You’ll be able to gain more experience by interpreting a group therapy session, a one-on-one encounter, and sight translate a document filled with lots of useful psychiatric terms.
You’ll be able to strengthen your interpreting skills and expand your expertise by developing a self-learning plan through self-assessment and customization of glossaries. Upon completion of this class you will be able to:
- Comprehend and interpret the psychiatry terms presented in this course.
- Define and correctly pronounce unfamiliar words and terms.
- Promptly identify medical terms and abbreviations related to mental health.
- Effectively respond to cultural and idiomatic challenges such as idioms, colloquialisms, and slang.
* The Judicial Council encourages interpreters to complete a four-hour course within a period of two weeks.
Single CourseGet one by one
Take only this course
Pay as you go
16-hour packageGet four courses to save
Choose any 4 courses
Take it when you need it
32-hour packageGet eight courses to save
Choose any 8 courses
Take it you when need it